Based out of Rochester, NY, Chickpea Magazine is a community-based, seasonal magazine that takes submissions for vegan recipes, personal stories related to veganism, how-to’s and guides, beautiful photography, intriguing artwork, and whatever else they come up with!
Chickpea Magazine’s Goals
- Bring together the vegan community in a positive way.
- Banish the traditional, ad-centered magazine layout.
- Try to introduce people to a whole foods, plant-based lifestyle.
- Bring fresh designs to the table.
- Emphasize that cooking from scratch is enjoyable and something to look forward to.
Jakprints VP of Marketing, and devout vegan, Dameon Guess reached out to Chickpea through Kickstarter to let them know we could help them with printing their first issue, which they gladly accepted. The result is a beautiful, 96 Page, perfect bound magazine.
Whether you’re new to the world of veganism, or a seasoned veteran, Chickpea Magazine is a great resource for the community. If you would like to find out more about Chickpea Magazine, or to make a contribution, you can check out their website www.chickpea-magazine.tumblr.com. For purchasing and subscriptions, click http://www.etsy.com/shop/shshhshop.
The gallery below has additional product photos as well as a few from Chickpea’s Kickstarter contributor dinner.
Magazine – 96 Pages (including cover)
Digital Full Color Printing
- Stocks (Cover and Interior)
Cover: 80# Nekoosa Dull Cover + Overall Matte Aqueous Coating + Interior: 80# Nekoosa Dull Text
- Finished Size
8.25 × 10.75 inches
Full Color Process (4/4)
Collation, Folding and Perfect Bindery