Cancel that afternoon meeting, because it’s time to talk about everyone’s favorite topic: Online Forms and Order Processing.
Soon, we’ll be rolling out some big changes to both of our Screen Printing and Embroidery order forms. We’re super proud of the massive number of brands, image locations, inks, effects and threads we offer to create truly custom apparel for you… But, all those options can also make ordering feel overwhelming. That’s why we re-built the forms from the ground up.
Our new interface is quick and efficient for power users, while giving the rest of us plenty of ways to browse through all the options. Screen shots below are taken with the pre-release version of the software, so keep in mind that some details may change after launch. Let’s take a quick tour:
Order Details: Apparel Selection
This system is designed with two different experiences in mind:
- Browsing Sometimes you don’t know what you’re looking for until you see it, right? Skim through brands, styles, image locations and options until you find the right fit. Select a category and browse the available brands and styles. Quickly narrow your selection to the exact style you’re looking for.
- Direct Enter the Product Number (Mill Number) to jump right into building your favorites. These numbers are found by every apparel listing.
Order Details: Graphics & Image Locations
Add multiple graphics, change Image Locations and choose from Ink / Thread options.
You should enjoy the process of creating your custom apparel. If you’re stumped by one of the questions, just make a best guess: Your Account Manager will personally check over all your files and order details before we give you a final quote or send anything to production. It’s easy to get tripped up choosing the number of colors in a graphic or thread count for embroidery — don’t sweat it. You’ll approve the final price before production begins.
Order Details: Garment Colors
Use the product carosel to browse available colors and brands. Add or remove colors from your order by clicking the swatches. If you’re going to snag multiple colors — or even apparel stocks — on your order, there’s a couple things to keep in mind:
- Screen Printing: Minimum total quantity of 24 pieces.
- Embroidery: Minimum total quantity of 12 pieces.
- At least three pieces per size, six for Independent brand.
- Depending on the apparel options selected, other surcharges may apply.
Order Details: Quantities & Sizes
Get the big picture view on sizes and quantities in one screen. If your eyes are glazing over at even the thought of figuring out your order’s size breakdowns, here’s some protips:
- Know your audience. What’s their typical size? If your fans prefer baggy tees, error on the larger side.
- When in doubt, we use the 10 / 40 / 40 / 10 Rule: 10% Smalls, 40% Mediums, 40% Larges, 10% Extra Larges.
- Note: Sizes above XL may incur additional charges, as those garments cost more to produce.
- There’s a minimum breakdown of three garments per size.
From here on out, it’s business as usual at Jakprints: Choose your proofing, shipping and payment options. Let us know your feedback; we’re continuing to refine the system over the next few months. So, stay tuned for further updates.